Today’s babysitters need to know more than just the basics to keep themselves and the children in their care safe. This interactive babysitter course teaches young teens life and safety skills to keep them safe now and in the future. It equips them with the tools needed to stay home alone safely and with confidence. A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of this course. Each participant will receive a student handbook with all reference material from the class. Course length is about 7 hours.
NOTE: This class for age group 11-14 yrs old.
Subjects covered include:
- How to treat injuries and how they can be prevented (First Aid)
- How to keep themselves safe when babysitting or at home alone
- How a child’s age affects how to care for them
- How to prevent problem behavior
- How to run a babysitting business
- How to perform infant and child CPR and Choking